Cool's Chili Mash Up1lb Pork Sausage
2lb Ground Beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
½ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
1 Tablespoon dried oregano1 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons paprika (Smoked if possible)
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 (15- to 16-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15- to 16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Brown ground beef and sausage with chopped onion and minced garlic until meat is brown and onion is translucent; drain fat if needed.
- Add all spices, hot sauce, and liquid smoke (If used) and mix thoroughly.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans well. Add the beans, tomato sauce, and stewed tomatoes to the slow cooker (Or a BIG pot if slow cooking on the stove top).
- Add the meat and spice mixture to the cooking pot and stir well to combine.
- Place a lid on the slow cooker or pot and try to keep yourself occupied while the tempting aroma wafts throughout the house.
Firstly, yes I am aware that there are a LOT of ingredients up there ^^^^^. However I recommend you add ALL of them if you can or it just isn't the same. I guess what I am saying is he will still adore you but he may not "Put a ring on it". She may think it is "good" but you may not get that extra kicker for it being "OMGoodness" amazing. The kids will surely eat it but they may not offer to do the dishes afterwords if ONLY you promise to do it again...tomorrow. You know you want to do it! Go BIG or go home right?!?
I like to take the lid off about an hour before I am going to serve it and give it a taste test. (If you are like me your test will involve a bowl, spoon, cheese, chopped onion, and a dollop of sour cream. What can I say, I am a perfectionist!) This is the time to add more salt, pepper, hot sauce, etc if you feel it needs a little more "oomph". If it is a tad drier/thicker than you like you could also add a little bit of water, tomato juice, or beef broth at this time.
I am currently doing my 5th (WHY does it feel like 5 MILLIONITH?) load of wash, embroidering a shirt, mopping the floor, and trying to keep the Jaxinator from waking the sleeping